Buying and selling a company
Want to sell your company? Need help with the acquisition process? Our specialists will provide you with all the necessary support.
- An independent look at a company and its processes from an investor’s perspective
- Knowledge of the local market, investment opportunities, and acquisitions
- Setting up the process according to recognised transaction standards
- Minimising potential risks for a company and an owner’s personal property
Comprehensive management of the buying or selling process
We will lead the complete process according to the specified parameters - from decisions on timing and execution method to the actual execution and final settlement. In the course of the transaction, we will arrange all communication with the counterparty (counterparties) in order to ensure maximum process transparency.
Selling a company
Selling a company includes the following key services:
- Saleability assessment – we will evaluate the feasibility of selling your company or project based on a comprehensive company analysis.
- Building a process team – we collaborate with experienced and proven law firms, accountants, and tax advisers, as well as Data Room electronic process providers. We will prepare a process for selecting partners whose specialisation meets your needs.
- Preparing transaction documents – we will design and prepare investment materials that highlight the information that will encourage investor interest and positively affect the resulting transaction value.
- Identifying potential bidders – we will determine potential buyers from strategic and financial investors.
- Virtual Data Room – we will ensure the complete preparation and management of the Data Room process. An electronic Data Room makes secured internal information available to parties interested in buying the company.
- Client representation – we will represent you in negotiations with third parties from process inception to final settlement.
- Assistance with the evaluation of non-binding and binding offers, selection of bidders, negotiation of sale price and payment, and negotiation of purchase documentation and guaranties.
- Transaction settlement – using financial and economic instruments such as escrow, bank safekeeping, and notarial safekeeping we will arrange the settlement of purchase price against the transfer of shares or stocks to minimise the seller’s risks.
Buying a company
Buying a company includes the following key services:
- An analysis of the client’s strategic goal – we will evaluate the feasibility of the client’s strategic goal on the basis of a due diligence review, sector relevance, competition, and analysis of available investment opportunities. The analysis can include a search for acquisition targets, as well as pre-acquisition review of the target company.
- Structuring of the transaction – we will set up a comprehensive structure of the transaction – the structure of the financing, the timetable of the transaction, and the business structure, taking into account the business and legal risk minimisation and the tax burden.
- Evaluation and financial model – we will prepare a comprehensive financial and operating model of the target company for a real market valuation. We will also evaluate potential synergies arising from the new company joining your current business portfolio.
- Preparing transaction documents – we will prepare the necessary acquisition documents the form and content of which will correspond to the criteria and nature of the transaction you specify, and we will also be involved in setting up contractual and other documentation.
- Client representation – we will fully represent you against third parties in approaching the acquisition target, negotiating the acquisition price, setting up covenants and guarantees provided by the seller, negotiating the structure and timing of the purchase price payment.
- Transaction settlement – using financial and economic instruments such as escrow, bank safekeeping, notarial safekeeping, and others, we will arrange the settlement of the purchase price against the transfer of shares or stocks to minimise the buyer’s risks.