What is phishing?
Phishing is a fraudulent e-mail used by an unknown attacker attempts to elicit sensitive data from the e-mail recipient to log into Internet bankingTB.
A fraudulent e-mail looks as if it was sent by Tatra banka but it can contain certain suspicious elements.
- Non-standard address of the sender
- Standard Tatra banka website looks as follows:
- The official e-mail from Tatra banka is sent by a concrete sender
- The e-mail is written in a complicated way and contains grammatical errors
The client enters the fraudulent website where client´s sensitive data are to be entered by clicking on the link in the fraudulent e-mail.
The website looks like the original Tatra banka website but it does not contain all security elements after loading:
- Green lock
- Https mark
- Website is located in a fraudulent domain
- Website is graphically imperfect and looks as if it was loaded incorrectly
If you receive such an e-mail, please forward it to ISSecurity@tatrabanka.sk.
How to proceed in case of phishing threat
We recommend our clients to be more cautious. Do not respond to fraudulent e-mails under any circumstances, do not click on links or open attachments they contain.
In case you have already filled in the data in a fraudulent e-mail we recommend you to immediately contact the bank by means of DIALOG Live *1100.
What is skimming?
Skimming of payment cards is a type of fraud which the offenders attempt to get data from a payment card and a PIN code. Afterwards they create a card duplicate and use it mostly for ATM cash withdrawals abroad.
Offenders usually obtain payment card data by installing special devices especially on ATMs.
Fraudulent ATM example
- Hidden payment card magnetic strip reader
- Hidden camera or false keyboard recording PIN
Recording payment card data
Recording payment card data during the execution of a payment with a vendor or in a restaurant is an alternative of skimming on ATMs. Such data (without using PIN) serve for online shopping.
Tatra banka recommendations
While entering your PIN code, cover the keyboard with your other hand so that it can not be recorded by a hidden camera.
- If possible, use Tatra banka ATMs.
- If you have a suspicion that the ATM has been manipulated with, do not make a transaction and report your suspicion to DIALOG Live *1100.
- • Have an active b-mail service.
- Regularly check your turnovers in your bank or card account.
- If you pass your
card to another person
(e.g. when making
a payment), always
keep an eye on it.
- If you pass your